Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week # 11 One on One





Today, Bryann taught from "Around the Farm" lesson 3-4 hosted CD, for me, in preparation for teaching it on her own for the following day at St M. She taught the entire lesson without looking at the teacher's guide for reference for each activity.

Bryann verbally encouraged the "imaginary students" and sang with each of them. I observed her from afar, and took a seat, sitting outside of the circle. Her theatrical ability really shines through during our practice time. (in class as well!) She has no problem with acting!

She showed lots of excitement while practice teaching, today. She is loosening up more and learning to have fun as a teacher and with the children.

I also noted that Bryann's transitions are much easier and smoother when using the guided hosted CD. There's something to that!

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -- Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment